July 2009 - 2015
London Transport Museum
We started working with London Transport Museum in 2009 on small projects and then migrated their website from a clunky old CMS onto Joomla - a leading Open Source content management system. However, initially we had to work within the existing design, which was a pain as it was old even then. In Spring 2014 we took on the task of delivering a complete redesign. The result is a responsive website that now works on mobiles, tablets and PCs.
- The chosen CMS was Joomla! A flexible, Open Source and user friendly CMS
- We worked with the LTM Marketing department to develop a new information architecture
- We delivered the visual design taking into account the existing branding and the iconic nature of London Transport (but still minimising the amount of image wrangling required as result of a move to the new layouts)
- The system was built to handle video and podcasting and is highly extensible with hundreds of 3rd party modules available
- Search integration with related websites is achieved using commercial Googe Search.
- Hosting configuration and management. The website runs on a high specification Virtual Machine using Varnish, Memcache and APC running with standard LAMP stack.